There comes a time in everyone’s life when enough is enough.
No more, you say to the wrinkled sheets in your closet.
I am brave and capable, you cry when the elastic corners of your fitted sheets thwart our attempts at a neat fold.
I can do it, you intone, then promptly Google “how to fold a fitted sheet”.
In all seriousness, learning how to fold a fitted sheet has several benefits:
- Removes wrinkles
- Prolongs the fabric’s life
- Keep bamboo fitted sheets stretchy and soft
- Saves space in your linen closet
- Keeps your bedding organised
Keeping your sheets clean and organised becomes a priority after you invest in high-quality bed sheets. So in this blog, we’re going to step you through folding a fitted sheet, using an OLARA 100% natural bamboo fitted sheet as an example.
How to fold a fitted sheet step by step
Step 1: Starting position
- Turn the sheet inside-out
- Place your hands in the corner pockets of the short edge
Step 2: The first fold
- Bring your hands, tucked into the corners, together
- Flip the corner in your right hand over your left hand
- Align the two edges
Step 3: The third corner
- Run your hand along the front edge until you find the corner adjacent to the one that was in your right hand
- Tuck corners one and two (from the previous step) into this third corner
- The third corner will be inside-out
Step 4: Last one
- Bring the fourth corner up and fold it over the others
- Make sure the corner is right-side-out now
Step 5: Finishing the fold
- Lay the folded fitted sheet flat and square the edges
- Fold in half or thirds, depending on the size
- Smooth out the folded sheet
Congratulations! You did it
Folding a fitted sheet may not come naturally. But the satisfaction when you get it right is only second to the soft, clean feeling of unfolding a neat bed sheet.
Bamboo fitted sheets respond well to the proper care, including folding after laundering. To care for your bamboo fitted sheet, remember these simple steps: